This is a blog to inform dog owners about mushroom toxicity. On August 17th 2010, I lost my sweet little Bernese Mountain Dog puppy, Donato, to a Death Cap Mushroom. I still have moments of disbelief and will forever ask the unanswerable question, "Why?"
Since that day, it has become Donato’s legacy and my mission to spread a warning about the danger of mushroom toxicity
One would think with the Dog Days of Summer upon us that we needn't worry about DeathCap Mushrooms...but it's just not the case.
I just read this post from the Napa Valley Register.
" CALISTOGA -- Wine Country Animal Lovers is notifying pet owners that in the last month, two dogs have been treated at the Calistoga Pet Clinic after ingesting the toxic and deadly death cap mushroom."